On April 30, 2021, the Alabama School Readiness Alliance partnered with the Alabama League of Municipalities and the Council for Leaders in Alabama Schools to host Utilizing American Rescue Plan Funding to Accelerate Early Learning.
On the webinar, experts shared details about various funding opportunities created by the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021. Featured experts included Kayla Bass, Director of External Affairs, Alabama League of Municipalities; Barbara Cooper, Ph.D., Secretary, Alabama Department of Early Childhood Education; Danielle Ewen, Principal, EducationCounsel; Allison Muhlendorf, Executive Director, Alabama School Readiness Alliance; Anna White, Program Manager, Early Childhood Success, National League of Cities and Vic Wilson, Ed.D., Executive Director, Council for Leaders in Alabama Schools (CLAS).
On the webinar, ASRA released a new toolkit designed to support mayors, city and county officials and local school systems in utilizing American Rescue Plan funding to close early achievement gaps.
- Webinar Video Recording
- Alabama League of Municipalities: American Rescue Plan Resources
- National League of Cities: Covid-19 Pandemic Response & Relief Resources
- Slides from Anna White of NLC: Utilizing American Rescue Plan Funding to Accelerate Early Learning
- Slide from Danielle Ewen of EducationCounsel: Allowable Uses of Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief Funding
- Roadmap for Fully Funding First Class Pre-K: A Toolkit for Local Leaders
- Times Daily Article: Only 37 percent have access to state’s First Class Pre-K