Alabama School Readiness Alliance (ASRA) supports the growth
of high quality pre-k in Alabama. ASRA is a joint effort of
- Alabama Giving,
- Alabama Partnership for Children,
- A+ Education Partnership, and
- VOICES for Alabama's Children.
In 2006, these four powerful voices for children agreed that the highest priority issue facing Alabama's future was closing the achievement gaps among children entering kindergarten.
ASRA's work is to ensure that high-quality pre-k is a continuing priority for Alabama's children, parents, community leaders, legislators and governing officials.
What is School Readiness?
The Five Domains of School Readiness
There is consensus, based upon a wealth of research, that a child’s readiness for school should be measured and addressed across five distinct but connected domains:
- Physical Well-Being and Motor Development.
- Social and Emotional Development.
- Approaches to Learning.
- Language Development.
- Cognition and General Knowledge.
For more information:
Getting Ready Website