Alabama School Readiness Alliance (ASRA) supports the growth
of high quality pre-k in Alabama. ASRA is a joint effort of
- Alabama Giving,
- Alabama Partnership for Children,
- A+ Education Partnership, and
- VOICES for Alabama's Children.
In 2006, these four powerful voices for children agreed that the highest priority issue facing Alabama's future was closing the achievement gaps among children entering kindergarten.
ASRA creates public awareness campaigns, collaborates with community and civic leaders, and builds support among public officials for the expansion of high-quality, voluntary pre-kindergarten to all four-year-olds in Alabama.
What can you do to advocate for high-quality pre-k in Alabama?
- Sign up for updates and advocacy alerts here.
- Contact your elected officials at the local and state levels to voice your support for increased investments in high-quality pre-k
- Publish a letter-to-the-editor or op-ed in your local newspaper
- Organize a community meeting or forum
- Visit or volunteer at a local First Class Pre-K site. Click here for a First Class Pre-K program locator on the Alabama Department of Children's Affairs' website.